Wednesday, February 1, 2006

SOTU comments
The SOTU was a pretty vanilla,not in the Ray Nagin way, I just meant it was straightforward with no big surprises. High points included;

"American is addicted to oil." -I couldn't agree more. For all those people who condemn Exxon for their record-breaking profits just take a second to ask what allows them to stay in business, our consumption. I personally will never own a car that gets less than 20mpg. That will really cut down on their profits, take that Chevron.

National Security- No movement on NSA program; threw support behind the Iranian people but Bush could have been stronger on the threat of Iranian nukes. Bush will continue to do all he can to protect against another terrorist attack. Call for renewal of the Patriot Act went unreceived on the Dems side. NSA wiretapping is nothing new=The Echelon Project

Cindy Sheehan- Was arrested last night for wearing a shirt with the number of servicemen killed on it. Better question is, "WHo gave her a ticket to the SOTU? Lynne Woosley, Dem of California. Every time I hear "Dem of Ca", I break out the popcorn bc I know its going to be good entertainment. Yes, it is illegal to protest inside the house.

Social Security- no renewal of this crucial entitlement. The Dems stood up and cheered when Bush discussed the failure of Congress to give him a SS bill. I look forward to the day when I turn 65, walk out to the mailbox to grab my SS check and there's barely enough in it to pay for a postage stamp (Question- When was the last time the Post Office lowered postage rates?)