Thursday, March 9, 2006

Church Fires

I am sure everybody has seen this so I am not providing a link. This will be mainly opinion anyway. After reading up on the suspects today, I cannot shake the feeling that their actions run deeper than "a joke that got out of hand", as they claimed. There seems to be some accusations that these boys were Satanists. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to reach that conclusion. Sometimes things are exactly how you perceive them. You just don't wake up and decide to burn 9 churches.One reason I know I know I am right is the first thing one of the suspects lawyer said to the media was that "these weren't hate crimes."
I also don't see how buring more churches in West Alabama throws the authorities off your trail. Boy, it is a good thing that they took the same 4Runner to each church.
These churches are located not just in rural areas but rural Alabama. That makes them like double hard to find=These burnings were planned.As much as I dislike hate crime legislation(all crimes are hate crimes) I am reconsidering my stance.
I couldn't even bring myself to bounce a tennis ball off a church,much less break the door down and maliciously set the altar of 9 on fire.
These boys will hopefully have to pay for their actions in this lifetime or in the afterlife.