Friday, September 21, 2007

John Grisham, author of "A Time to Kill ","The Firm" to host an event for HRC.

While reading this article it struck me that Grisham isn't so much for HRC but against the Bush White House. "The war is an immoral abomination that we'll pay for for decades to come," Grisham said near the end of a 40-minute telephone interview with The Des Moines Register
He says:""I've always thought that they were bad people with evil intent - and all that, it's playing out now," he said. "You can't hardly look at any aspect of the government in the seven years so far that's been run properly."

Grisham correctly chides the GOP for its lack of fiscal restraint;
"I always thought you could at least depend on the Republican Party to maintain some semblance of fiscal responsibility."But they run up record deficits - taking care of billionaires(like me) that they want to take care of."
I wonder if his statements will affect the sales of his new book. I think sales will be down in the South a la' Dixie Chicks style. Their album sales sunk like a stone after commenting,overseas that they were "embarrassed" to be from the same state as President Bush.