I heart Huckabee. NOT!!
In lieu of constantly posting on Mike Huckabee's populism, ethics violations, or questionable commutations. There is also room for his illegal immigration policy ( or lack thereof), his Foreign Affairs article gaffs and misquotes,and his choice of Ed "I would like to punch Romney's teeth out" Rollins for a campaign manager despite his lack of experience running campaigns). I do not mind him accusing the Bush administration of having a ,"bunker mentality", it is the fact that he attributed a quote in the article to Sun Tzu when it obviously came from Michael Corleone in the Godfather that really bothers me.
What started as a short post on Huckabee has snowballed and I will need several posts to mesh it out. I will post this letter from a political evangelical in Arkansas to Hugh Hewitt regarding his feelings towards his former Governor. David Thompson lists the following detailed reasons why he and other conservatives cannot support Huckabee:
- Governor Huckabee did lasting damage to the Republican Party and conservative movement in Arkansas.
- Governor Huckabee's non-stop clemencies continually hindered the work of criminal prosecutors and miffed Republicans
- Governor Huckabee's pattern was to ignore immigration laws, often in the name of Christianity.
- Governor Huckabee was no friend to fiscal conservatives in Arkansas.
- Huckabee left a long trail of ethics questions while Governor of Arkansas
- Huckabee's education record shows him to be an advocate of the "status quo.
- Huckabee has very little support for his Presidential bid here in Arkansas.
Each point is backed up with examples and links to newspaper articles. I recommend all conservatives considering voting for Huckabee read this to see what they are really getting in Huckabee: Bill Clinton-lite,or worse, Jimmy Carter.